A Comprehensive Collection of Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) Methods
datasetposted on 2021-03-24, 11:03 authored by Roman KirenskyRoman Kirensky, Craig LawsonCraig Lawson
A comprehensive collection of the Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) methods as of March 2021. Included in the collection:
- The complete list of existing MADM methods representing a subset of MCDA methods dedicated to Choice problems.
- An incomplete set of MODM methods representing a subset of MCDA methods dedicated to Design & Optimization problems.
- A list of Miscellaneous items that may either use, depend upon, or be confused with the MCDA methods, including: Decision Support Systems, individual mathematical tools.
For each entry the recorded information includes: code name/abbreviation, full name, original reference, publication year. MADM methods also include basic description.
- Historical analysis of the MCDA method development trends, expressed in number of new methods introduced per decade.
- Partial (20%) application of the universal Problem-Based Characterization Approach (ProBCA) for the MCDA methods for validation purposes. ProBCA is dedicated to enable characterizing the entire variety of MCDA methods using a single system of problem-related parameters.
- Problem-based parameters used to characterize the MCDA methods using ProBCA.