The Effect of Wing Planform and Twist on Aerodynamic Performance and Longitudinal Stability and Control of a Falcon-like Wing in Gliding Flight
Aisyah Md Khalid (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Professor Howard Smith (email@example.com).
Backup contact: Cranfield University research data support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This code is used to calculate the aerodynamic coefficients of CL, CD and CMac. The steps for executing the program is as follows:
1. Open Matlab and type Main in the command window until Main window is opened.
2. Type the name of the project in the Project name box.
3. Under the Geometry Panel section, click Base Geometry to create the geometry of the wing until SurfEdit window is opened.
4. Fill in the Section Parameters by putting x, y and z coordinates, chord length and incidence angle. Choose the aerofoil section by choosing the NACA aerofoil or click the airfoil file path to choose aerofoil from inFoils folder. Enter the Nb (number of spanwise section) and Nc (number of chordwise section) under the Surface Discretization section. When all information above is filled, click apply until the saved box under Select - Edition Surface Section is checked.
5. Select Sec 2 to enter information for section 2 of the wing. If the number of wing section is more than 2, additional section can be added by clicking New Section. After filling all information required for all wing section, click OK to generate the wing geometry. The full span wings are created with a symmetry plane at the centre of the wing.
6. Put the aerodynamic conditions under Aerodynamic Parameters in the Main window.
7. Under Selection Case section, click refresh and Run the aerodynamic case - The program calculates the aerodynamic forces and moments on each strip based on their local velocities. Wait until the program finishes calculating the CL and CD. These values will appear on the Main window under workspace segment.
8. Repeat the above process to calculate CMac by choosing the Quasi-3D solver_CM folder and the calculated CM values will appear in the command window.